Welcome, Guest Login

Support Center

View the UC SHIP Benefits

Last Updated: Sep 19, 2013 03:30PM PDT

Insurance Benefits

As a UC Hastings student, you are automatically enrolled in UC SHIP, and billed for the premium. If you already have health insurance that will continue through 2013-2014, and you wish to waive out of UC SHIP, you may apply for the waiver online. As soon as a plan description is received from the UC Office of The President, it will be posted here. Please check back frequently.  

UC SHIP is a comprehensive major medical insurance plan, providing medical, counseling, prescription, vision and dental services. The year-round plan, which uses the Anthem Blue Cross PPO Network, is tailored to meet the health and wellness needs of graduate students.

Student Health Insurance is included in your tuition fees. The insurance premiums for the 2013-2014 school year are $1,437 for the Fall and $2,012 for the Spring/Summer, for a total of $3,449.

Students enrolled in UC SHIP may enroll their dependents in the plan. Dependent benefits differ slightly from student benefits. To learn more about UC SHIP Dependent Benefits, see the UC SHIP 2013- 2014 Dependent Medical Plan Summary. Information on the 2013-2014 Dependent Prescription Coverage will be posted as soon as it available.

In order to see a healthcare practitioner outside of Student Health Services, you must get a referral from a SHS medical / counseling practitioner.

Please call 415.565.4612 to schedule an appointment to meet with a doctor so that you can discuss referrals.

If you do not have a SHS referral, your insurance will not cover the cost of any visits outside of Student Health Services.

Please read if you plan to study abroad
UC Hastings provides travel insurance (health and safety insurance) for faculty, staff, and students traveling on UC business or a UC sponsored activity. (For students, this includes approved conferences as well as study abroad opportunities.) This insurance is free to you. Register your travel on the website and print out your travel insurance card with the policy number and phone numbers to call in case you need assistance. (Keep the print outs with you when you travel.) Coverage is for travel more than 100 miles from campus domestically and anywhere internationally. For more information and to register your travel, visit the website at: http://www.ucop.edu/risk-services/

seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found